Secundair menu

MacuView | Voeding voor je Ogen

Macular Degeneration

The medical condition, Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD), often abbreviated as Macular Degeneration (MD), is the most common cause of visual impairment among the elderly in the Western world. AMD has a profound impact on the quality of life as it leads to ‘social blindness’. Blurs or crooked lines are observed in the centre of the visual field, leading to difficulties in recognizing faces, reading, and other daily activities.

Anyone can get the disease. However, the risk on AMD is greatly enhanced by:
• Age
• Smoking
• Being overweight
• Unbalanced diet
• Genetics

There are two types of AMD, namely dry and wet. 10% of the AMD patients suffers from the wet form. MacuView is developed for the other 90%, those with dry AMD.


Click here to read more about the macula.


Per 26 oktober 2016 wordt de verkoop van MacuView door Plantina verzorgd.

Bel voor meer informatie:

Tel. 033 422 0046